Chinese News Releases
QNX, SoftIntegration Team Up to Provide C/C++ Scripting Technology
DAVIS, California, January 10, 2005 - SoftIntegration, Inc. today announced the availability of Ch® Standard Edition 4.7, Ch SDK 4.7, and Embedded Ch 4.7 for the QNX® Neutrino® RTOS. Ch is an embeddable C/C++ interpreter for cross-platform scripting, 2D/3D plotting, numerical computing, shell programming, and embedded scripting. Extending its success in Windows, Unix, and MacOS X, SoftIntegration now allows QNX developers to use C/C++ for scripting, shell programming, and embedded scripting.
SoftIntegration provides software developers with a robust C/C++ interpreter, compatible with C99 and C++ class.
"Many of SoftIntegration's customers have already requested Ch for the QNX Neutrino RTOS. We recognize that QNX Neutrino is one of leading realtime operating systems in the embedded industry, and we are pleased to provide a powerful C/C++ interpreter for QNX users," said Dr. Dawn Cheng, president of SoftIntegration.
"We are pleased that SoftIntegration is now offering both Ch and Embedded Ch to the QNX development community," added Linda Campbell, director of strategic alliances, QNX Software Systems. "These solutions complement the rich suite of C/C++ tools offered by the QNX Momentics® development suite and allow QNX developers to apply their existing C/C++ skills to a greater variety of programming tasks."
Below is a list of major Ch features:
- C/C++ interpreter - Ch supports 1999 ISO C Standard (C99) and C++ classes. Ch also supports many industry standards with over 8,000 functions, including POSIX, socket/Winsock, X11/Motif, OpenGL, ODBC, C LAPACK, GTK+, Win32, and CGI. Functions in static or dynamic binary C/C++ libraries can be executed interpretively in scripting without re-compilation using Ch SDK.
- Shell programming and cross-platform scripting - Ch shell is a C compatible shell while C-shell (csh) is a C like shell. Ch is an interpretive implementation of C, similar to Unix/MS-DOS shells. Ch in Windows includes over 100 commonly used Unix commands for portable shell programming. Ch can also be used as a login shell just like sh, csh and ksh. Ch bridges the gap between the C language and shell languages. With its built-in string type and many enhanced scripting features, Ch is an alternative to other scripting languages for automating repetitive tasks, regression test, and hardware testing with direct interface to hardware.
- Interface with binary C/C++ libraries - Ch SDK 4.7 can easily integrate existing C/C++ libraries as part of Ch scripting modules. Functions and classes in static or dynamic libraries can be invoked in a Ch script file or Ch command shell.
- Embeddable scripting - Ch 4.7 is optimized for embedded scripting. Embedded Ch allows users to embed Ch into other C/C++ application programs and hardware. It is ideal for open-architecture application integration. With Embedded Ch, C/C++ applications can be extended with all features of Ch. It allows execution of C/C++ scripts generated dynamically on-line. Embedded Ch has a small footprint. The pointer and time deterministic nature of the C language provides a perfect interface with hardware in realtime systems.
- Ch toolkits and third party software support - Ch supports an increasing number of third party software applications. It includes Ch Control toolkit, Ch Mechanism Toolkit, Ch NAG Statistics Package, Ch CGI toolkit, Ch ODBC toolkit, Ch XML toolkit, Intel OpenCV for computer vision and image processing, National Instruments' data acquisition toolkit NI-DAQ and motion control toolkit NI-Motion, Barret Technology's Barret Hand robotic manipulator control, and IDE.
Pricing and Availability
Ch Standard Edition is free for both commercial and non-commercial uses in all platforms. Ch SDK costs $899. To purchase Embedded Ch, contact SoftIntegration directly.
About QNX Software Systems
With millions of installations worldwide, QNX Software Systems is the global leader in realtime, microkernel operating system technology. Companies like Cisco, DaimlerChrysler, Harris, Panasonic, Siemens, and General Electric rely on QNX technology to build ultra-reliable systems for the networking, automotive, medical, military, and industrial automation markets. Founded in 1980, QNX Software Systems maintains offices throughout North America, Europe, and Asia.
About SoftIntegration, Inc.
SoftIntegration, Inc., is the leader of scripting technology for ubiquitous computing. SoftIntegration provides infrastructure software and services for rapid application development and deployment, scientific numerical computing, embedded scripting, and Web-based software integration. Ch®, the company's flagship product, is an embeddable C/C++ interpreter that provides a comprehensive solution. for engineers, scientists, Web programmers, software developers, C/C++ beginners and experts, system administrators, realtime programmers, quality analysts, and instructors and professors.
Ch and SoftIntegration are registered trademarks of SoftIntegration, Inc. Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Unix is a trademark of The Open Group. Mac is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc. QNX, Momentics, and Neutrino are registered trademarks of QNX Software Systems Ltd. in certain jurisdictions.