QNX Partner & Consultant Software License Agreement
Developers licensed under the QNX Partner & Consultant Software License Agreement (PSLA) are those looking to leverage QNX® technology for commercial gain by offering complementary products or services to mutual customers. Normally such activities require a QNX Commercial Software License Agreement (CSLA). However, we offer a free license to the QNX Momentics® Development Tools (Momentics Tools), QNX Neutrino® RTOS (Neutrino RTOS), and certain optional QNX Aviage™ middleware software (collectively, the QNX Development Suite) under the PSLA to encourage technology partners and independent consultants to join the large and growing QNX ecosystem.
The PSLA is a free license aimed at increasing generally available technology and services for mutual customers. To qualify for the PSLA you must be or intend to become a member of the QNX Partner Network.
PSLA developers fall into one of two classes of licensees: Partners and Independent Consultants. Highlights of the PSLA rights and restrictions are outlined below. If the PSLA does not clearly cover your intended activities, then you may need a QNX Commercial Software License Agreement. We reserve the right to withdraw your QNX Partner & Consultant Software License Agreement if we believe your activities are not within the spirit of the PSLA.
Under the PSLA, Partners are independent technology partners who create Partner Products (i.e. generally available products (other than end-use products) that run on, interoperate with or enable the Neutrino RTOS). As a Partner under the PSLA, you can:
- use the QNX Development Suite for Partner Product development or support;
- use the QNX Development Suite to develop board support packages, as described in more detail on our Open Source page;
- give demos of Partner Products that include Neutrino RTOS and certain Aviage middleware software, as long as you do not leave copies (a separate agreement is available for offering evaluation rights);
- distribute your derivative works of QNX runtime software to community members within the Foundry27 website for free. See our description of the QNX Community Redistribution Model for more details.
Creating derivative works of QNX runtime software with the intent to distribute them for a fee requires commercial development and distribution licenses; contact your QNX partner representative if you have questions.
Independent Consultants are consultants with five or fewer employees who want to provide QNX software development services. As an Independent Consultant under the PSLA, you:
- can use one development seat of the QNX Development Suite to assist other members of the QNX community (customers, Partners, etc.) to create their Neutrino RTOS based product or service. Only one Independent Consultant can use a free PSLA on behalf of a QNX community member at a time;
- cannot use the QNX Development Suite to create, port, support, maintain, etc. products of your own.
The following documents will be of interest to Partners and Independent Consultants:
- White Paper on QNX's Hybrid Software Model
- Community Redistribution Model
- QNX Partner & Consultant Software License Agreement (PSLA) (current version): The PSLA incorporates by reference:
- FAQ on the PSLA: The PSLA provides for the use of an FAQ page to clarify our interpretation of any vague terms, or to expand license rights. This link takes you to that page.
For further information on Partner licenses, please contact us at email@example.com. .