QNX Evaluation, Non-Commercial & Academic End User License Agreement
Developers licensed under the QNX Evaluation, Non-Commercial & Academic End User License Agreement (NCEULA) are those looking to learn more about the QNX Momentics® Tool Suite (Momentics Tools), and QNX Neutrino® RTOS (Neutrino RTOS) (delivered together as the Software Development Platform) and/or to use the Software Development Platform for authorized non-commercial purposes. These developers fall into one of three classes of licensees: Evaluators, Non-Commercial Developers and Academic Faculty. In some circumstances, the NCEULA may be extended to allow certain of these developers to also access optional QNX middleware software, although it is expected that the availability of licenses for QNX middleware under this agreement may be very limited.
If you are new to QNX technology and want to try the Software Development Platform before you buy a commercial license, the Evaluation license provides you with a 30 day license to use the software for:
- determining the suitability of the QNX runtime software for your products; and
- conducting exploratory development or proof-of-concept prototyping. This does not include actually conducting commercial development.
We hope that most people who apply for an evaluation license will go on to become commercial users.
Non-Commercial Developers are allowed to do just about anything with their licensed copies of the QNX Software Development Platform, provided they are used for personal use and not for a commercial undertaking. If your goal is to make money by using QNX software, then please look at the QNX Commercial Software License Agreement or the QNX Partner Software License Agreement.
With a strong emphasis on the non-commercial, as a Non-Commercial Developer you can:
- use the QNX software for personal activities or for experimentation or self-training purposes, including: to extend hardware or peripheral support for the Neutrino RTOS, to develop new applications for or porting existing applications to the Neutrino RTOS or the Momentics Tools, to participate in projects at Foundry27 and to demonstrate your QNX software based system to others, provided that you do not leave copies with those who are not already licensed by QNX to use that software; and
- use the Software to work with other licensed QNX developers to facilitate teamwork in not-for-profit academic development labs or in non-commercial group projects.
Academic Faculty licenses are available to faculty members at not-for-profit accredited educational institutions to teach classroom or lab courses at those institutions, subject to the NCEULA and certain additional Academic Faculty license terms. As an Academic Faculty licensee you are allowed to install the QNX Software Development Platform on multiple development seats to establish a classroom or lab environment or group research project, using the institution’s computers for shared use by students who have agreed to use software in accordance with the license terms.
The NCEULA incorporates by reference:
- the QNX License Guide, which provides important version-specific product and license information, and
- the QNX Third Party License Terms List, which gives details on the third party licenses referenced in the License Guide for each product component.
We maintain an archive of our license agreements (including the NCEULA) for each product version, along with the associated License Guides and Third Party License Terms Lists. Please refer to our document archive page to access these documents.
For further information on Non-Commercial licenses, please contact us at email@example.com.