METROWERKS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
METROWERKS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENTPLEASE READ THIS LICENSE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SOFTWARE. BY USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE, PROMPTLY RETURN THE UNUSED SOFTWARE TO THE PLACE WHERE YOU OBTAINED IT AND YOUR MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED.
1. License. The application, demonstration, system and other software accompanying this License, whether on disk, in read only memory, or on any other media (the "Software"), the related documentation and fonts are licensed to you by Metrowerks and its Licensors. You own the disk on which the Software and fonts are recorded but Metrowerks and/or Metrowerks' licensors retain title to the Software, related documentation and fonts. This License allows you to use the Software and fonts on a single computer. You may use a copy of the software on a home or portable computer, as long as the extra copy is never loaded at the same time the software is loaded on the primary computer on which you use the Software. You may make one copy of the Software and fonts in machine-readable form for backup purposes. You must reproduce on such copy the Metrowerks copyright notice and any other proprietary legends that were on the original copy of the Software and fonts. You may also transfer all your license rights in the Software and fonts, the backup copy of the Software and fonts, the related documentation and a copy of this License to another party, provided the other party reads and agrees to accept the terms and conditions of this License.
2. Restrictions. The Software contains copyrighted material, trade secrets, and other proprietary material. In order to protect them, and except as permitted by applicable legislation, you may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-perceivable form. You may not modify, rent, lease, loan, distribute or create derivative works based upon the Software in whole or in part. If the Software was licensed to you for academic use or as part of the Discover Programming series, you may not use the Software for commercial product development. You may use the Software to develop freeware or shareware.
3. Software Redistribution. Appendix A hereunder contains specific information concerning software redistribution of different binaries licensed to you under this software license agreement. In all cases of software redistribution and in order to protect Metrowerks and Metrowerks' Licensors intellectual property rights in the Software and redistributable libraries herein, you must reproduce on each copy a copyright notice that clearly states
"Copyright ? by [Licensee Name] and its Licensors,"
and distribute such Software and redistributable libraries pursuant to a valid agreement that is at least as protective of Metrowerks and Metrowerks' Licensors rights in the Software and redistributable libraries as this License.
4. Termination. This License is effective until terminated. You may terminate this License at any time by destroying the Software, related documentation and fonts and all copies thereof. This License will terminate immediately without notice from Metrowerks if you fail to comply with any provision of this License. Upon termination you must destroy the Software, related documentation and fonts and all copies thereof.
5. Export Law Assurances. You agree and certify that neither the Software nor any other technical data received from Metrowerks, nor the direct product thereof, will be exported outside the United States except as authorized and as permitted by the laws and regulations of the United States. If the Software has been rightfully obtained by you outside of the United States, you agree that you will not re-export the Software nor any other technical data received from Metrowerks, nor the direct product thereof, except as permitted by the laws and regulations of the United States and the laws and regulations of the jurisdiction in which you obtained the Software.
6. Government End Users. If you are acquiring the Software and fonts on behalf of any unit or agency of the United States Government, the following provisions apply. The Software constitutes a “commercial item”, as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct. 1995), consisting of “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation”, as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept. 1995), and is provided to the U.S. Government only as a commercial end item. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4 (June 1995), all U.S. Government End Users acquire the Software with only those rights set forth herein.
7. Limited Warranty on Media. Metrowerks warrants the compact disc on which the Software and fonts are recorded to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of purchase as evidenced by a copy of the receipt. Metrowerks entire liability and your exclusive remedy will be replacement of the diskettes and/or compact disc not meeting Metrowerks limited warranty and which is returned to Metrowerks with a copy of the receipt. Metrowerks will have no responsibility to replace a disk/disc damaged by accident, abuse or misapplication. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ON THE COMPACT DISC, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO NINETY (90) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF DELIVERY. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY BY JURISDICTION.
8. Disclaimer of Warranty on Metrowerks Software. You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the Software and fonts is at your sole risk. Except as is stated above, the Software, related documentation and fonts are provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind and Metrowerks and Metrowerks' Licensor(s) (for the purposes of provisions 7 and 8, Metrowerks and Metrowerks' Licensor(s) shall be collectively referred to as "Metrowerks") EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. METROWERKS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE AND THE FONTS WILL BE CORRECTED. FURTHERMORE, METROWERKS DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE AND FONTS OR RELATED DOCUMENTATION IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY METROWERKS OR A METROWERKS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU (AND NOT METROWERKS OR A METROWERKS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL METROWERKS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE OR RELATED DOCUMENTATION, EVEN IF METROWERKS OR A METROWERKS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
In no event shall Metrowerks' total liability to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise) exceed that portion of the amount paid by you which is fairly attributable to the Software and fonts.
10. Controlling Law and Severability. This License shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and the State of California, as applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within California between California residents. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of this License, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision of the License shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of this License shall continue in full force and effect.
11. Complete Agreement. This License constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the use of the Software, the related documentation and fonts, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matter. No amendment to or modification of this License will be binding unless in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Metrowerks.
Should you have any questions or comments concerning this license, please do not hesitate to write to Metrowerks Corp., 9801 Metric Boulevard, Suite 100, Austin TX 78758, USA. attn: Warranty Information. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Appendix A - Software Redistribution Information for CodeWarrior SDK
In all cases of software redistribution and in order to protect Metrowerks and Metrowerks' Licensors intellectual property rights in the Software and redistributable libraries herein, you must reproduce on each copy a copyright notice that clearly states
"Copyright ? by [Licensee Name] and its Licensors,"
and distribute such Software and redistributable libraries pursuant to a valid agreement that is at least as protective of Metrowerks and Metrowerks' Licensors rights in the Software and redistributable libraries as this License. Without limiting the foregoing, in no event shall licensee attempt to expand Metrowerks' warranty or other obligations for the Software and redistributable libraries beyond that set forth in this agreement.
The following list describes the Software and redistributable libraries that licensees hereunder may incorporate into their own programs and distribute (only in object code form) only in conjunction with and as part of their own programs, pursuant to the terms of this Software License in the event the Software and redistributable libraries listed hereunder are distributed by Metrowerks to the licensee as part of the current CodeWarrior CD-ROM.The following list describes the Software and redistributable libraries that licensees hereunder may incorporate into their own programs and distribute (only in object code form) only in conjunction with and as part of their own programs, pursuant to the terms of this Software License in the event the Software and redistributable libraries listed hereunder are distributed by Metrowerks to the licensee as part of the current CodeWarrior CD-ROM.
These files in object code form only and bundled with Licensee software only, can be distributed by Licensee to end users directly or indirectly through dealers, distributors, VARs, OEMs and other relicensors.
Metrowerks Software and Redistributable Libraries
*The Metrowerks Standard Library and sample code in object code form
Note: Licensees may not distribute the source code of the Metrowerks Standard Library, any derivative thereof, or sample code thereto, without express written permission from an authorized officer of Metrowerks Corp.
The Java VM and associated runtime libraries contained in the RedistributableVM.sit archive found in the Java support folder.
QNX Software and Redistributable Libraries
See the QNX License agreement for information on redistributable libraries and documents.
Other Third Party Libraries
Licensee may not distribute other third party libraries contained in the CodeWarrior CD-ROM, unless specific license terms that may accompany such libraries expressly authorize the licensee to distribute them to the customers of the licensee. In the event the licensee distributes such third party libraries based upon express authorization, the licensee must adhere strictly to the specific terms of such third party licensee.
For any additional information on Apple-licensed software contact Apple's Software Licensing
Department at the following address for further information:
Software Licensing Department
Apple Computer, Inc.
2420 Ridgepoint Drive,
Austin, TX, 78754
For any additional information on Metrowerks-licensed software write or email to:
9801 Metric Boulevard,
Austin TX 78758, USA.
attn: Warranty Information.
Document Version: mtwks1_00