QNX Technical Articles
QNX® Aviage® HMI Player for Adobe Flash Lite 3 v1.1.0 Release Notes
Date of this edition: May 26, 2009
Target OS: This software is compatible with target systems running QNX® Neutrino® 6.3.0 SP2, 6.3.0 SP3, 6.3.2, or 6.4.0.
Host OS: You must have already installed the QNX® Momentics® development suite 6.3.0 SP2, 6.3.0 SP3, 6.3.2, or the QNX® Momentics® Tool suite 6.4 as a self-hosted QNX Neutrino system, or on one of the following hosts:
|Version of QNX Momentics||Microsoft Windows||Linux|
|6.3.0 SP2||Windows XP SP1 or SP2, 2000 SP4, or NT SP6a||Linux Red Hat 8, 9, or Enterprise WS 3 or 4|
|6.3.0 SP3||Windows Vista, XP SP2, 2000 SP4, or NT SP6a||Linux Red Hat 8 or 9, Red Hat Enterprise WS 3 or 4, Red Hat Fedora Core 3 or 4, Debian 3.1, or SUSE 10|
|6.3.2||Windows Vista, XP SP2, or 2000 SP4||Linux Red Hat Enterprise Workstation 4 or 5, Red Hat Fedora Core 6 or 7, Ubuntu 6.0.6 LTS or 7.0.4, or SUSE 10|
Throughout this document, you may see reference numbers associated with particular issues, changes, etc. When corresponding with our Technical Support staff about a given issue, please quote the relevant reference number. You might also find the reference numbers useful for tracking issues as they become fixed.
This release contains the QNX Aviage HMI Player for Adobe Flash Lite 3 version 1.1, flash-ph, and the QNX Aviage HMI player for Adobe Flash Lite 3 for QNX Advanced Graphics, flash-gf, and associated libraries.
The Flash Lite player plays, on QNX Neutrino targets, content developed with Adobe Flash products, and conforms to the Adobe Flash Lite 3.1 specification. Flash Lite 3.1 is optimized for embedded targets with memory and CPU constraints, while providing support for most Flash features.
The following files are installed under $QNX_TARGET:
The following files are installed under $QNX_TARGET/, in the subdirectories for each supported target platform:
- usr/src/archives/qnx/srcdrop-flashlite.zip - an archive that contains sample HMI Player extensions.
|We're actively investigating all known issues.|
- Device text rotation isn't currently supported. (Ref# 49637)
- The HMI player can display languages that don't write from left to right (e.g. Hebrew and Arabic), but there's currently no way to enter or edit them. (Ref# 49909)
- If you install the HMI player on a 6.3.0 SP2 system,
qconfig won't display any information about it.
Solution: Download the qconfig Patch (Patch ID 205) from our website and install it on your system.
- LocalConnection objects are not supported in this release. (Ref# 58851)
- Playback of .flv video with encoded alpha channels is not supported (the video will be displayed completely opaque). (Ref#58696)
- The flash-ph player doesn't work with video cards that don't provide a linearly accessible frame buffer; this includes the Fijitsu Carmine graphics card. (Ref# 61783) (Ref#58696)
The functionality provided by this package is described in the QNX Aviage HMI Player Developer's Guide, which you'll find in the IDE's help system. On self-hosted Neutrino systems, you can find the documentation in the Photon helpviewer, or, you can use a browser to load $QNX_TARGET/usr/help/product/hmi_player_en/bookset.html.
To obtain technical support for any QNX product, visit the Support + Services area on our website (www.qnx.com). You'll find a wide range of support options, including community forums.