Looking for ways to expand the capabilities of the connected car? We thought you might be.
Helping you create connected infotainment systems in a very streamlined way is what we do. In fact, it’s what we’ve done for over a decade.
The QNX CAR 2 application platform embodies this experience and contains the best field-proven technology you can find on the market today. It’s also what we’ve used to build the new QNX reference vehicle – a working demonstration of our award-winning technology.
Visit us at Convergence 2012 in booth 815. We’d love the opportunity to show you what you can achieve with this unique set of pre-integrated and optimized technologies.
In the Booth
QNX reference vehicle infotainment system
- HTML5-framework for leveraging mobile ecosystems
- Customizable HMI for reskinning and personalization
- Application download functionality
- Multimedia – internet streaming radio, mobile device connectivity, cover flow album art, etc
- One-touch Bluetooth pairing with NFC
- HD hands-free communication including conversational voice recognition
- Reconfigurable digital instrument cluster
- Advanced personalization options for drivers, OEMs, and developers
- Tablet-based rear-seat entertainment
Sheridan Ethier, automotive engineering manager at QNX Software Systems, gives a feature-by-feature demo of the QNX CAR 2 application platform in the company's latest reference vehicle.
- TCS and Telenav: hybrid navigation
- Elektrobit: embedded navigation
- Vlingo and AT&T Watson: speech and natural language processing
- Pandora and TuneIn: streaming internet radio
- Weather Network: integrated weather reporting
- Best Parking: parking search
- Facebook: integrated functionality
- RedBend: FOTA software updates
In the Conference Hall
Open Standards and Product Differentiation: Technology Leadership Brief
Learn about the benefits of using the HTML5 standard to deliver a distinct, branded user experience
Beers with Peers
Back by popular demand, we'll be hosting another relaxed get-together after the first day of conference proceedings. No presentations, no registration – just some tasty appetizers and delicious micro brews. Stay for 20 minutes or stay for 2 hours: we'll be happy to see you either way. Please take a minute to let us know if you'll be able to join us - RSVP now.