QNX Technical Articles
QNX Neutrino RTOS 7.1 Amazon Machine Image 1.0.1: Release Notes
Date of this edition: February 24, 2023
QNX Neutrino RTOS 7.1 Amazon Machine Image (AMI) 1.0.1 is a reference image for the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) virtual machine instances. Using the QNX Neutrino RTOS 7.1 AMI 1.0.1 requires signing into an Amazon Web Services (AWS) account at https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/.
Target OS: These release notes are for Amazon instance targets that are running the QNX Neutrino RTOS 7.1 AMI.
Host OS: To connect to a QNX Neutrino RTOS 7.1 AMI instance, you must have web access to AWS on one of the following development hosts:
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, or Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
- macOS version 10.14, 10.15
- Linux Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 64-bit, Ubuntu Desktop 18.04 LTS 64-bit, or Ubuntu 20.04 LTS 64-bit on x86_64 processors (QNX SDP isn't supported on Linux on ARM processors)
- What's in this release
- Fixed issues
- Known issues
- Getting started with the documentation
- Technical support
Throughout this document, you may see reference numbers associated with particular issues, changes, etc. When corresponding with our Technical Support staff about a given issue, please quote the relevant reference number. You might also find the reference numbers useful for tracking issues as they become fixed.
What's in this release
QNX Neutrino RTOS 7.1 AMI contains a Neutrino kernel image for the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) environment. This release contains the following features:
- QNX Neutrino Microkernel
- Trace support and security policy
- TCP/IP with DHCP, FTP, NFS client, ssh server and utilities (io-sock)
- Filesystem support: NVME, QNX6 filesystem, and DOS FAT filesystem
- PAM secure login and utilities including crypto
- PCI support
- C++ support, terminal support, compression and math libraries
- System logging, debug support, shell and utilities
- You have the option to skip password setup at startup. (Ref# J2931393)
- Public keys are now permanently stored in the AWS instance. (Ref# J2931628)
None currently known.
Getting started with the documentation
To use QNX Neutrino RTOS 7.1 AMI, follow Getting Started with QNX in the Cloud: QNX Amazon Machine Image at https://www.qnx.com/download/group.html?programid=69592.
For instructions on how to find the licensing information, see the myQNX License Manager and QNX Software Center User's Guide at https://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/qsc/#com.qnx.doc.copyright/topic/ic_licensing_coverpage.html.
To get familiar with the AWS environment related to QNX AMI, see the documentation at the following locations:
Amazon EC2 User Guide - https://docs.aws.amazon.com/ec2/
Describes key concepts of Amazon EC2 and provides instructions for using the features of Amazon EC2.
Amazon VPC User Guide - https://docs.aws.amazon.com/vpc/
Describes how to create and configure an Amazon virtual private cloud (VPC).
For technical support on any QNX product, go to the Developers menu on our website (www.qnx.com). You'll find a wide range of support options, including community forums.
For Amazon technical support, go to https://aws.amazon.com/contact-us/.