QNX Software Development Platform
The QNX Software Development Platform 6.4.0 is the latest version of the QNX® Neutrino® RTOS and QNX Momentics® Tool Suite in one convenient package. This is the first major product developed on Foundry 27, the QNX community portal web site. Release 6.4.0 introduces several new technologies to maximize the performance, reliability, and portability of embedded systems for the automotive, industrial control, networking, military, and medical industries.
- New QNX Neutrino RTOS features include fail-safe file system, NetBSD 4.0 TCP/IP stack, 802.11 a/b/g wireless networking, POSIX certification, enhanced support for ARM processors, and new multi-core support for Renesas 7786 (SH-4) and Freescale MPC8572 processors
- QNX Neutrino RTOS now achieves significantly faster performance through new networking stack and variable page sizes for the memory management unit (MMU)
- QNX Momentics Tool Suite enhancements include high-resolution application profiler, JTAG debugging, GNU 4.2.4 toolchain, Eclipse platform 3.3, and Eclipse CDT 4.0.x
- Release 6.4.0 incorporates all the latest technologies from numerous Foundry 27 projects, including the operating system, IDE, core development tools, networking, and file systems
- Backwards compatibility supports applications built for previous versions of QNX Neutrino RTOS
Release 6.4.0 offers a dramatically faster networking stack that supports NetBSD 4.0 TCP/IP, including 802.11 a/b/g wireless. It also introduces variable page size tuning for faster OS and application performance.
Building on the QNX reputation for reliability and high availability, the QNX Neutrino RTOS now offers a fail-safe disk file system to protect critical data in the event of a sudden power failure or shutdown.
The QNX SDP 6.4.0 release is officially POSIX PSE52 certified. The QNX Neutrino RTOS 6.4.0 is currently being tested for EAL4 certification. A future QNX Neutrino RTOS Secure Kernel product will be available in early CY2009.
This latest release of the QNX Neutrino RTOS has been certified to the POSIX PSE52 Realtime Controller 1003.13 2003 System standard to ensure source-code portability. This certification ensures portability of third-party and open-source applications to the QNX Neutrino RTOS.
The new QNX Momentics Tool Suite offers significant enhancements, including a high-resolution application profiler that detects sluggish areas of application code – through both instrumentation and statistical sampling. Also included is the latest versions of the GNU toolchain (4.2.4) and Eclipse CDT (4.0.x), and JTAG debugging.