QNX Community Resources
Modify the contents of a PtMultiText widget
void PtMultiTextModifyText( PtWidget_t *widget, int start, int end, int insert_pos, char *text, int length, PtMultiTextAttributes_t const *attrs, int attributes_mask );
This function modifies the contents and attributes of a PtMultiText widget.
If start doesn't equal end, then:
- all characters from start up to but not including end are deleted
- the widget's current insert position is set to the lesser of start and end
- insert_pos is ignored.
If start does equal end, then:
- no text is deleted
- the widget's current insert position is set to insert_pos; if insert_pos equals -1, the current insert position is set to the end of the widget's text buffer.
Once the current insert position is set, the function inserts length characters from text. It does this regardless of the widget's insertion mode. If length is 0, no text is inserted.
Here's what happens after the function inserts the text into the segment that contains the current insert position:
- The text inherits the segment's attributes.
- The text is separated into its own segment, but keeps its inherited values.
- The attributes specified by attributes_mask
are applied to the new segment from the attrs
The valid bits for this mask are:
|This function causes a nondestructive deselect before attempting the changes.|