Write a message to a client
int resmgr_msgwrite( resmgr_context_t *ctp,
const void *msg,
int offset );
- A pointer to a
structure that the resource-manager library uses to pass context information
This function extracts the rcvid from this structure.
- A pointer to a buffer that contains the data you want to write.
- The number of bytes that you want to write.
This function doesn't let you write past the end of the sender's buffer;
it returns the number of bytes actually written.
- An offset into the sender's buffer that indicates where you want
to start writing the data.
Use the -l c option to
to link against this library.
This library is usually included automatically.
The function resmgr_msgwrite() is a cover for
and performs the exact same functionality.
The same values as MsgWrite();
the number of bytes written, or -1 if an
(errno is set).
- A fault occurred in the sender's address space when a server
tried to access the sender's return message buffer.
- The thread indicated by ctp -> rcvid
does not exist or has had its connection detached.
- A fault occurred when the kernel tried to access the buffers
“Layers in a resource manager”
in the Bones of a Resource Manager chapter of Writing a Resource Manager
chapter of Getting Started with QNX Neutrino