|This version of this document is no longer maintained. For the latest documentation, see http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs.|
Locate a program file (UNIX)
which [-afLls] program...
- Find all occurrences of program in PATH.
- Display the full pathname.
- Display the long format (as in ls -l) for each program found, displaying link information if the file is a symlink.
- ("el") Display the long format (as in ls -l) for each program found.
- Search for shared objects in the directories identified by the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable and the _CS_LIBPATH configuration string.
The which utility searches for the specified programs. By default, which searches the directories listed by your PATH environment variable, but if you specify the -s option, it searches the directories specified by LD_LIBRARY_PATH and _CS_LIBPATH.
Display the full pathname and long status for all versions of the ls utility found in PATH:
which -alf ls
Display the pathname for the which utility:
Locate the devg-flat.so shared object:
which -s devg-flat.so
- A colon-separated list of directories to search for executables.
- A colon-separated list of directories to search for shared libraries.
- All input files were found.
- An error occurred.