|This version of this document is no longer maintained. For the latest documentation, see http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs.|
Set the recursive attribute in mutex attribute object
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_mutexattr_setrecursive( pthread_mutexattr_t* attr, int recursive );
- A pointer to the pthread_mutexattr_t object that you want to set the attribute in.
- The new value for the recursive attribute; one of:
- PTHREAD_RECURSIVE_ENABLE -- a thread that has already locked the mutex can lock it again without blocking.
- PTHREAD_RECURSIVE_DISABLE -- any thread that tries to lock the mutex blocks, if that mutex is already locked.
The default value of the recursive attribute is PTHREAD_RECURSIVE_DISABLE.
Use the -l c option to qcc to link against this library. This library is usually included automatically.
The pthread_mutexattr_setrecursive() function sets the recursive attribute in a mutex attribute object, attr.
- Invalid mutex attribute object, attr, or the value specified by recursive isn't PTHREAD_RECURSIVE_ENABLE or PTHREAD_RECURSIVE_DISABLE.