Set the process-shared attribute in mutex attribute object
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_mutexattr_setpshared( pthread_mutexattr_t* attr, int pshared );
- A pointer to the pthread_mutexattr_t object that you want to set the attribute in.
- The new value of the process-shared attribute; one of:
- PTHREAD_PROCESS_SHARED -- any thread that has access to the memory where the mutex is allocated can operate on it, even if the mutex is allocated in memory that's shared by multiple processes.
- PTHREAD_PROCESS_PRIVATE -- the mutex can be accessed only by threads created within the same process as the thread that initialized the mutex; if threads from other processes try to access the PTHREAD_PROCESS_PRIVATE mutex, the behavior is undefined.
The default value of the process-shared attribute is PTHREAD_PROCESS_PRIVATE.
Use the -l c option to qcc to link against this library. This library is usually included automatically.
The pthread_mutexattr_setpshared() function sets the process-shared attribute in a mutex attribute object, attr, to the value given by pshared.
- Invalid mutex attribute object, attr.
- The new value specified in pshared isn't PTHREAD_PROCESS_SHARED or PTHREAD_PROCESS_PRIVATE.