Create a connection and handle to a specified mixer device
int snd_mixer_open( snd_mixer_t **handle,
int device );
- A pointer to a location where snd_mixer_open() stores a
handle for the mixer device.
- The card number.
- The device number.
The snd_mixer_open() function
creates a connection and handle to the mixer device
specified by the card and device number.
You'll use this handle when calling the other snd_mixer_*
Zero on success, or a negative value on error.
- Search permission is denied on a component of the path prefix, or the
device exists and the permissions specified are denied.
- The open() operation was interrupted by a signal.
- Too many file descriptors are currently in use by this process.
- Too many files are currently open in the system.
- The named device doesn't exist.
- No memory available for data structure.
- The audio driver version is incompatible with the client library that
the application is using.