Record audio data
- Use 8-bit mode instead of the default 16-bit mode.
- -a [card_num:]dev_num
- The card and device number to record from.
- -b size
- The sample size; one of 8, 16, or 32.
- -c hw_channel_bitmask[,hw_channel_bitmask...]
- Voice matrix configuration.
The first argument is the hardware channel bitmask for application voice 1,
the second is that for application voice 2, and so on, up to four voices.
- -f frag_size
- The requested fragment size.
- Record in mono instead of in stereo.
- -n num_voices
- The number of voices to record.
The default is 2 (stereo).
- -r rate
- The rate at which to record; one of 48000, 44100 (the default), 22050,
- -t sec
- The number of seconds to record (5 seconds default).
- Be verbose.
- Use the mmap plugins.
||If you specify both the -m and -n options, the one
specified later is used.|
The waverec utility captures (i.e., records) audio data.
Audio Developer's Guide