Photon graphics server subsystem
io-graphics [-aCehLlv] [-c file]
[-f global|local|none ] [-n name] [-P priority]
[-p num_points] [-w size]
- Enable anti-aliasing on polylines (currently only for diagonal lines
of width 1).
This anti-aliasing is only for CRT or LCD (video) targets, not printer
- Allocate all client-side surfaces for CPU Fast Access.
You should use this option in a system that uses a rotation
module, since access to the framebuffer is required; without this option,
access is made over the bus, introducing serious latency.
Some performance will be lost when a rotation module isn't loaded,
but the benefits drastically outweigh the drawbacks.
- -c file
- The configuration file to load. The default is /etc/system/config/display.conf.
For more information about this file, see the documentation for
- -d vid=<vid> did=<did> [, deviceindex=<index>]
- The driver_options are:
- The PCI Vendor ID of the graphics device.
- The PCI Device ID of the graphics device.
- The device index.
- Don't emit an expose event when a Photon region is created.
- -f mode
- Set the mode of operation for the font service; one of the following
- Run the global font server.
- Run the local font server.
- Connect to an existing font server. This mode is useful if you run a standalone font server.
- For HW Wait Idle calls, wait only for the specified video card; the
default behavior is to wait for all cards in use.
- Force a PHOOK module (see the phook option in the
configuration file for
to initialize, even though the GPU
driver was written with non-linear framebuffer access.
Some PHOOK modules refuse to initialize if the framebuffer isn't linear.
There are some GPU drivers that are written with a non-linear interface,
even though the framebuffer is linear, and this option is
provided to accommodate those GPU drivers.
Prevent other layers from attaching to a layer used by Photon (lock it).
- -n name
- Specify the Photon server name. Default is /dev/photon.
- -P priority
- The priority at which to start io-graphics (default: 12).
- -p num_points
- Render layer number of polygon points (default 2048).
- Be verbose.
- -w size
- Set the buffer size for the render library workspace (default: 300 KB).
The size can include a case-insensitive suffix of K or
The io-graphics command starts a graphics driver.
The io-graphics utility configuration options are contained within the io-display. Refer to the io-display
documentation for more information about io-graphics configuration options.
The devg-* drivers generally require libffb.so.2
libdisputil.so.2 at runtime.
- If this environment variable exists, io-graphics does
not run an internal font server. You should set this environment
variable for systems that have remote clients accessing font services
on the host machine (e.g. phindows,