- Product name for middleware developed by QNX Software Systems.
- Board Support Package — a set of software
components (IPL, startup code,
drivers, buildfiles, as well as the QNX Neutrino
RTOS) and documentation intended to help you get
Neutrino up and running on a particular
- A “control” file that
specifies the particular startup program, environment
variables, drivers, host-target communications, etc. that
will be used to generate an OS image. The file provides
instructions to a utility program such as mkifs,
which generates OS images. In the context of the
IDE, the buildfile is sometimes called a
- Development License
- Development using QNX Software Systems products is governed by the
terms of the applicable developer license agreement to which you you must
agree to install the software product.
For more information, see the Licensing area of our website,
- Distribution License
- Distribution of QNX Software Systems products is governed by the terms of the QNX Runtime
License Agreement or the QNX OEM License Agreement.
For more information, see the Licensing area
of our website,
- Driver Development Kit — a set of source code and documentation
intended to help you write your own drivers for various devices:
audio, graphics, input (mice, keyboards, etc.), network, and USB.
- Name of a tools project and platform developed by an
open consortium of vendors (Eclipse.org),
including QNX Software Systems.
The IDE within the QNX Momentics Tool Suite consists of a set of
special plugins integrated into the standard Eclipse
- End User License Agreement.
- Integrated Development Environment — in QNX Momentics,
the IDE is based on the Eclipse framework, and includes many
highly integrated tools for code development and system
IDE also stands for Integrated Drive Electronics, a
standard interface used between a computer's bus and disk
- Initial Program Loader — the software component
responsible for setting up the machine into a usable state,
such that the startup code can then perform
- Product name for the tool suite created by QNX
Software Systems for its Neutrino RTOS.
- Product name of the RTOS created by QNX Software Systems.
- Open Community License.
- Persistent Publish/Subscribe, a resource manager that makes it easy
to disseminate information to interested processes.
- QNX Community License.
- Name of an earlier-generation RTOS created by QNX
Software Systems. Also, short form of the company's name.
- Quality of Service — a policy (e.g. loadbalance) used to connect nodes in a network in
order to ensure highly dependable transmission. QoS is an
issue that often arises in high-availability (HA) networks as
well as realtime control systems.
- QNX Software Systems.
- Realtime operating system.
- Runtime License
- See the Licensing area of our website,
- startup code
- The software component that gains control after the
IPL code has performed the minimum
necessary amount of initialization. After gathering
information about the system, the startup code transfers
control to the OS.