Extra object files
This category lets you link a project against any object file or library, regardless of the filename.
The file-selection dialog may seem slow when adding new files. This is because the system can't make assumptions about naming conventions and instead must inspect a file to determine if a file is an object file or a library.
The Extra object files option is available for an individual platform only. If a project has more than one active platform, you can't use this feature. In that case, you can still specify extra object files using the Advanced mode for each platform separately.
The default dialog for the Extra object files category.
Field descriptions for the External object files category
Extra objects or libraries
- Add a library or object by browsing your workspace. When you add a library or object from your workspace, the IDE uses a relocatable notation so that other members with different workspace locations can all work successfully without having to make any project adjustments.
- Add a library or object from an existing QNX target.
- Add a library or object from the entire filesystem.
- Remove the selected library or object from the list of extra library or object references.
- Change the order by moving the currently selected library or object up in the list. Objects are processed in the order in which they appear in the list.
- Change the order by moving the currently selected library or object down in the list.