Converting to a QNX project
To convert a non-QNX project into a QNX project:
- From the menu, select .
- Expand QNX.
- Select Convert to a QNX Project.
- Click Next. The Convert C/C++ Projects wizard appears.
- Select the project(s) you want to convert in the Candidates for conversion field.
- Specify the language (C or C++).
- Specify the type of project (application or library).
- Click Finish. Your converted project appears in the Project Explorer view.
For IDE 4.5 or later, you will also have to do the following steps in order to successfully complete the conversion process:
- After the conversion, right-click on the project and select Properties.
- On the left, expand C/C++ Build and select Tool chain editor.
- On the right, deselect the option Display compatible toolchains only.
The Current toolchain list shows the defined toolchains.
- Select a tool chain, such as QNX QCC.
- Click OK and exit the Project properties page.
- Re-enter the project properties page to verify that all of the C/C++ build settings are set to their default values, including the error parser.
You now have a project with a QNX nature, but you'll need to make further adjustments (e.g. specify a target platform) via the Properties dialog if you want it to be a working QNX project.