|This version of this document is no longer maintained. For the latest documentation, see http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs.|
Convert a UTF-8 character to a wide-character code
int utf8towc( wchar_t *pwc, const char *s, size_t n );
- A pointer to a location where utf8towc() stores the wide-character representation of s.
- A pointer to a UTF-8 character.
- The maximum number of bytes to convert.
The utf8towc() function converts a single UTF-8 character pointed to by s into a wide-character code pointed to by pwc, to a maximum of n bytes.
This function is similar to mbtowc(), except:
- utf8towc() isn't affected by the current locale.
- Neither pwc nor s is allowed to be NULL.
- You can pass 0 for n if you know that s points to a null-terminated string (i.e. 0 is equivalent to, but more efficient than, strlen(s)).
- utf8towc() doesn't set errno.
- The s argument points to the null character.
- > 0
- The number of bytes that comprise the multibyte character, to a maximum of UTF8_LEN_MAX (if the next n or fewer bytes form a valid multibyte character).
- The next n bytes don't form a valid (complete) multibyte character.
Unicode Multilingual Support in the Photon Programmer's Guide
mbtowc() in the QNX Neutrino Library Reference