|This version of this document is no longer maintained. For the latest documentation, see http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs.|
Tell a layer to fetch image data from a specified surface
int PgSetLayerSurface( int layer, int surface_index, PdOffscreenContext_t *surface );
- The layer index, which must be 0 or greater.
- The surface index, which must be 0 or greater.
- A pointer to the PdOffscreenContext_t structure for the offscreen context, created by a call to PgCreateLayerSurface(), that you want to display. This argument must not be NULL.
PgSetLayerSurface() tells a layer to fetch image data from the specified surface. If another surface was previously assigned to the layer for the same surface_index, it's replaced but not destroyed.
|You must target this function at a device by calling PdSetTargetDevice().|
You must configure the layer's format before calling PgSetLayerSurface(). If a layer reads data from more than one surface, every surface read must have the same width and height.
You must use this function after a call to PgSetLayerArg() with an argument of Pg_LAYER_ARG_LIST_BEGIN, and before another call with an argument of Pg_LAYER_ARG_LIST_END. For example:
int fmt_idx = 5; PgSetLayerArg( layer, Pg_LAYER_ARG_LIST_BEGIN, NULL, 0 ); PgSetLayerArg( layer, Pg_LAYER_ARG_FORMAT_INDEX, &fmt_idx, sizeof(int) ); PgSetLayerSurface( layer, 0, osc0 ); PgSetLayerSurface( layer, 1, osc1 ); PgSetLayerSurface( layer, 2, osc2 ); PgSetLayerArg( layer, Pg_LAYER_ARG_BRIGHTNESS, ... ); PgSetLayerArg( layer, ... ); ... PgSetLayerArg( layer, Pg_LAYER_ARG_LIST_END, NULL, 0 );
- An error occurred (errno is set).
- The layer is locked by another application.
- The specified layer or surface doesn't exist, the osc argument is NULL, or the specified offscreen context is incompatible with the layer and/or surface.
- The operation isn't supported.
- The function couldn't access the specified offscreen context.
“Layers” in the Raw Drawing and Animation chapter of the Photon Programmer's Guide