Set a thread's cancellation state
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_setcancelstate( int state, int* oldstate );
- The new cancellation state.
- A pointer to a location where the function can store the old cancellation state.
Use the -l c option to qcc to link against this library. This library is usually included automatically.
The pthread_setcancelstate() function sets the calling thread's cancellation state to state and returns the previous cancellation state in oldstate.
The cancellation state can have the following values:
- Cancellation requests are held pending.
- Cancellation requests may be acted on according to the cancellation type; see pthread_setcanceltype().
The default cancellation state for a thread is PTHREAD_CANCEL_ENABLE.
|You can set this attribute (in a non-POSIX way) before creating the thread; for more information, see “QNX extensions,” in the documentation for pthread_create().|
- The cancellation state specified by state is invalid.