|This version of this document is no longer maintained. For the latest documentation, see http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs.|
Set the thread scheduling policy attribute
#include <pthread.h> #include <sched.h> int pthread_attr_setschedpolicy( pthread_attr_t* attr, int policy );
- A pointer to the pthread_attr_t structure that defines the attributes to use when creating new threads. For more information, see pthread_attr_init().
- The new value for the scheduling policy:
- SCHED_FIFO — first-in first-out scheduling.
- SCHED_RR — round-robin scheduling.
- SCHED_OTHER — currently the same as SCHED_RR.
- SCHED_NOCHANGE — don't change the policy.
- SCHED_SPORADIC — sporadic scheduling.
Use the -l c option to qcc to link against this library. This library is usually included automatically.
The pthread_attr_setschedpolicy() function sets the thread scheduling policy attribute in the thread attribute object attr to policy.
The policy attribute is used only if you've set the thread inherit-scheduling attribute to PTHREAD_EXPLICIT_SCHED by calling pthread_attr_setinheritsched().
For descriptions of the scheduling policies, see “Scheduling algorithms” in the chapter on the Neutrino microkernel in the System Architecture guide.
- Invalid thread attribute object attr.
- Invalid thread scheduling policy policy.
“Thread scheduling” in the QNX Neutrino Microkernel chapter of the System Architecture guide
“Scheduling algorithms” in the Programming Overview chapter of the QNX Neutrino Programmer's Guide
Processes and Threads chapter of Getting Started with QNX Neutrino