|This version of this document is no longer maintained. For the latest documentation, see http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs.|
Initialize an ancillary data object that contains IPv6 hop-by-hop and destination options
#include <netinet/in.h> int inet6_option_init(void *bp, struct cmsghdr **cmsgp, int type);
- A pointer to previously allocated space that contains the ancillary data object. It must be large enough to contain all the individual options to be added by later calls to inet6_option_append() and inet6_option_alloc().
- A pointer to a cmsghdr structure. The *cmsgp variable is initialized by this function to point to the cmsghdr structure that this function constructs in the buffer pointed to by bp.
- The type of option which must be either IPV6_HOPOPTS or IPV6_DSTOPTS. This type is stored in the cmsg_type member of the cmsghdr structure pointed to by *cmsgp.
Use the -l socket option to qcc to link against this library.
Call inet6_option_init() function once per ancillary data object that contains either hop-by-hop or destination options.
- An error has occurred.
- W. Stevens and M. Thomas, Advanced Sockets API for IPv6, RFC 2292, February 1998. Contains examples.
- S. Deering and R. Hinden, Internet Protocol, Version 6 (IPv6) Specification, RFC 2460, December 1998.