Provide a common access method for optical disks
driver ... optical disk_options ... &
- One of the devb-* drivers.
The optical options control the driver's interface to cam-optical.so. If specified, they must follow the optical keyword:
- Specify the device prefix (default: mo);
- Don't use the geometry from BIOS int 13. By default, if you don't specify the translation option, the BIOS geometry is used.
- Don't use the geometry from the partition table. The geometry from the partition table is used if you specify the nobios option, or the BIOS geometry is invalid.
- Specify the geometry explicitly; this overrides the geometry from
the BIOS and the partition table.
The arguments are:
- heads and sectors -- report this many heads (and optionally, sectors) to io-blk.so for hard disks (default is 64 heads and 32 sectors). The QNX filesystem doesn't need this information for normal operation. It's needed only to let fdisk write the correct boot cylinder for booting.
- path_ID -- the number of the controller to use, where the first controller is 0 (the default).
- target -- for IDE, this is the master (0) or slave (1); for SCSI, it's the SCSI ID the device is jumpered for. The default is 0.
- lun -- the Logical Unit Number for SCSI; not needed for IDE. The default is 0.
The cam-optical.so provides common access methods (CAMs) for optical disk devices.