|This version of this document is no longer maintained. For the latest documentation, see http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs.|
Bind or extract resources from a file
bindres [-x|-l][-q|-v] resfile|loadfile [widgetfile...]
- List the widgetfiles in the resfile. If no widget files are specified, all the files are listed.
- Quiet mode, produce no output.
- Verbose mode.
- Extract the widgetfiles in the resfile. If no widget files are specified, all the widget files are extracted.
- A widget resource file created by bindres.
- The name of an executable program or shared object to bind the resource information to.
- The name of a widget file (for example, base.wgtw).
This utility binds the widgets in one or more widgetfiles into a single resource file resfile. It's usually run automatically as part of the PhAB build process. If you specify a loadfile (an executable or shared object in ELF format), bindres creates a temporary resource file, then binds it into the application.
It is possible to run an application with a separate widget resource file. If widget resources are not bound into an application executable, at runtime the system looks for widgets in a file with the same name as the application, but with a .res extension.
This utility can also list or extract the widgets in widget resource (.res) files generated by bindres.
Generating, Compiling, and Running Code in the Photon Programmer's Guide