|This version of this document is no longer maintained. For the latest documentation, see http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs.|
Set the thread scheduling policy attribute
#include <pthread.h> #include <sched.h> int pthread_attr_setschedpolicy( pthread_attr_t* attr, int policy );
- A pointer to the pthread_attr_t structure that defines the attributes to use when creating new threads. For more information, see pthread_attr_init().
- The new value for the scheduling policy:
- SCHED_FIFO -- first-in first-out scheduling.
- SCHED_RR -- round-robin scheduling.
- SCHED_OTHER -- currently the same as SCHED_RR.
- SCHED_NOCHANGE -- don't change the policy.
- SCHED_SPORADIC -- sporadic scheduling.
Use the -l c option to qcc to link against this library. This library is usually included automatically.
The pthread_attr_setschedpolicy() function sets the thread scheduling policy attribute in the thread attribute object attr to policy.
The policy attribute is used only if you've set the thread inherit-scheduling attribute to PTHREAD_EXPLICIT_SCHED by calling pthread_attr_setinheritsched().
For descriptions of the scheduling policies, see "Scheduling algorithms" in the chapter on the Neutrino microkernel in the System Architecture guide.
- Invalid thread attribute object attr.
- Invalid thread scheduling policy policy.