|This version of this document is no longer maintained. For the latest documentation, see http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs.|
Read from the configuration space of a PCI device
#include <hw/pci.h> int pci_read_config( void* handle, unsigned offset, unsigned count, size_t size, void* buff );
- The handle returned by pci_attach_device().
- The offset into the configuration space where you want to read from.
- The number of objects that you want to read.
- The size of each object.
- A pointer to a buffer where the function can store the objects that it reads.
Use the -l c option to qcc to link against this library. This library is usually included automatically.
The pci_read_config() function reads count objects of the specified size into buff at the given offset from the configuration space of the PCI device specified by handle.
|You must successfully call pci_attach() before calling any of the other PCI functions.|
- The offset is invalid.
- The PCI BIOS server reads only 100 bytes at a time; size is too large.
- The handle is invalid.
- You haven't called pci_attach(), or the call to it failed.
pci_attach(), pci_attach_device(), pci_detach(), pci_detach_device(), pci_find_class(), pci_find_device(), pci_present(), pci_read_config8(), pci_read_config16(), pci_read_config32(), pci_rescan_bus(), pci_write_config(), pci_write_config8(), pci_write_config16(), pci_write_config32()