QNX Developer Support
|This version of this document is no longer maintained. For the latest documentation, see http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs.|
Get information about the next matching filename
#include <sys/types.h> #include <dirent.h> int readdir_r( DIR * dirp, struct dirent * entry, struct direct ** result );
- A pointer to the directory stream to be read.
- A pointer to a dirent structure where the function can store the directory entry.
- The address of a location where the function can store a pointer to the information found.
Use the -l c option to qcc to link against this library. This library is usually included automatically.
If _POSIX_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS is defined, readdir_r() initializes the dirent structure referenced by entry with the directory entry at the current position in the directory stream referred to by dirp, and stores a pointer to this structure in result.
The storage pointed by entry must be large enough for a dirent structure with the s_name member an array of char containing at least NAME_MAX plus one element.
|The struct dirent structure doesn't include space for the pathname.
You must provide it:
struct dirent *entry; entry = malloc( sizeof(*entry) + NAME_MAX + 1 );
On failure, errno is set.
- The dirp argument doesn't refer to an open directory stream.
- One of the values in the structure to be returned can't be represented correctly.