QNX Developer Support
Write a wide character to a stream
#include <wchar.h> wint_t putwc( wchar_t wc, FILE * fp );
- The wide character that you want to write.
- The stream that you want to write the wide character on.
Use the -l c option to qcc to link against this library. This library is usually included automatically.
The putwc() functions writes the wide character specified by wc, cast as (wint_t)(wchar_t), to the output stream specified by fp.
The wide character written, cast as (wint_t)(wchar_t), or WEOF if an error occurs (errno is set).
|If wc exceeds the valid wide-character range, the value returned is the wide character written, not wc.|
- The O_NONBLOCK flag is set for fp and would have been blocked by this operation.
- The file descriptor for fp isn't valid for writing.
- The file exceeds the maximum file size, the process's file size limit, or the function can't write at or beyond the offset maximum.
- A signal terminated the write operation; no data was transferred.
- A physical I/O error has occurred or all of the following conditions were met:
- The process is in the background.
- TOSTOP is set.
- The process is blocking/ignoring SIGTTOU.
- The process group is orphaned.
- Can't write to pipe or FIFO because it's closed; a SIGPIPE signal is also sent to the thread.