QNX Developer Support
|This version of this document is no longer maintained. For the latest documentation, see http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs.|
Set the value of a barrier's process-shared attribute
#include <sync.h> int pthread_barrierattr_setpshared( pthread_barrierattr_t * attr int pshared );
- A pointer to the pthread_barrierattr_t object whose attribute you want to set. You must have initialized this object by calling pthread_barrierattr_init() before calling pthread_barrierattr_setpshared().
- The new value of the process-shared attribute; one of:
- PTHREAD_PROCESS_SHARED -- allow a barrier to be operated upon by any thread that has access to the memory where the barrier is allocated.
- PTHREAD_PROCESS_PRIVATE (default behavior) -- allow a barrier to be operated on only by threads created within the same process as the thread that initialized the barrier. If threads of different processes attempt to operate on such a barrier, the behavior is as if PTHREAD_PROCESS_SHARED were set.
Use the -l c option to qcc to link against this library. This library is usually included automatically.
The pthread_barrierattr_setpshared() function sets the process-shared attribute in an initialized attributes object referenced by attr.
- The attribute object, attr, or the new value specified in pshared isn't valid.