Current Job Openings
Location: Ottawa ( Kanata ) OntarioJobID: ENGsSD2Posted: Monday, April 22nd, 2013To create and realize software solutions directly in response to customer product development activities. Search more opportunities
- Liaises with key Priority Support customers regarding product performance, problems and system design.
- Investigates and resolves difficult and complex product problems by applying knowledge of design principals, procedures and practices.
- Conducts field-tests and troubleshoots complex technical problems determining causes and appropriate corrective action.
- Maintains problem status and problem resolution records.
- Prepares reports on problems encountered and methods of resolution ensuring overall systems integrity and reliability.
- Develop prototype and demonstration systems as technology samples for customer use.
- Participates in product reviews, design or enhancement projects and testing in order to share knowledge based on customer experience.
- Follows and ensures compliance to workplace operating and environmental, health and safety procedures and guidelines.
- Assists in extra projects as required, including to various departments.
- Provides internal training for customer service representatives.
- The above describes essential responsibilities and activities that are typical for an incumbent in this job. This in not an exhaustive list of tasks performed. Depending on organizational requirements, other duties may be assigned.
Experience & Education
- 3-5 years experience in embedded software development or 3-5 years experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting operating system software.
- Working knowledge of the QNX operating system and embedded software development principles.
- Strong C, C++ and Java development and design skills a requirement.
- Familiarity with common automotive processor architectures (ie SH/PPC/ARM).
- Real-time systems programming experience considered an asset.
- Experience developing software with graphics and multimedia considered an asset.
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn about new technologies a requirement!
Work Tools Used
- Computers, peripheral equipment, diagnostic tools and pertinent software applications.
Effort and Working Conditions
- Moderate visual concentration in use of video display terminal.
- Stress levels associated with resolving problems under customer pressure for product/system performance.
- Occasional travel to customer sites may be required.
- Physical effort may include the exertion associated with hardware installations.