Current Job Openings
North American Automotive Field Application EngineerLocation: Detroit, MI, USAJobID: FAE2Posted: Thursday, May 30th, 2013Our North American Automotive Team is looking for a skilled candidate to provide pre-sales technical information and support to North American Automotive clients in deploying embedded products using the full suite of QNX Software Systems products and services in the automotive segment. Search more opportunities
- Offer technical, consultative, pre-sales support to sales team including analyzing customer design requirements, in offering feasibility and scope assessments to customer requests, and other activities as required.
- Do pre-sales software development work and consulting work with a pre-sales focus (demos, benchmarking, high-level customer design assistance, initial environment set-up, etc.).
- Deliver technical presentations to automotive customers and represent QNX at regional trade shows and/or other events.
- Act as a liaison between automotive accounts and corporate engineering communities.
- Develop, and maintain a technical knowledge base of competitive intelligence where applicable, and create sales tools to help present our product features and benefits in the most competitive light.
- The above describes essential responsibilities and activities that are typical for an incumbent in this job. This in not an exhaustive list of tasks performed. Depending on organizational requirements, other duties may be assigned.
Experience & Education
- 2 + years of sales support experience in technology software sales serving automotive customers is desired.
- 5 + years of software development, design and architecture experience with a focus on embedded system development, real-time programming, or similar low level programming with C, Assembly, or C++. Specific automotive experience desired.
- Exposure to Adobe Flash and/or Android application development a plus.
- University or college education with a degree or diploma in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or an equivalent program.
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, and interpersonal.
- Technical experience in RTOS sales solutions from competitive providers such as Wind River Systems, OSE Systems, MontaVista, Green Hills, Lynuxworks, or similar vendors would be considered an asset.
- Solid technical knowledge and experience in automotive infotainment or telematics systems
- Solid foundation in the embedded software industry
- Skills in general and strategic business management, innovative and visionary planning, analyzing and decision making, effective leadership, communications and customer relations skills.