Current Job Openings
Engineering Services Software DeveloperLocation: Ottawa (Kanata), OntarioJobID: ENGSS5Posted: Monday, April 22nd, 2013The successful candidate will work together with our customers to create and realize software solutions in response to the customer product development activities. If you have experience with C, C++, and/or Java in a UNIX-based development environment or the equivalent experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting operating system software and enjoy working with customers on real leading edge products, this position might be just what you are looking for to boost your career. Search more opportunities
- Liaises with key customers regarding product performance, problems and system design.
- Investigates and resolves difficult and complex product problems by applying knowledge of design principals, procedures and practices.
- Develop custom software solutions based on customer requirements.
- Conducts field-tests and troubleshoots complex technical problems determining causes and appropriate remedial action.
- Develop prototype and demonstration systems as technology samples for customer use.
- Participates in product reviews, design or enhancement projects and testing in order to share knowledge based on customer experience.
- Follows and ensures compliance to workplace operating and environmental, health and safety procedures and guidelines.
- On-site consulting services.
Experience & Education
- 1-3 years experience in embedded software development or
- 1-3 years experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting operating system software.
- Working knowledge of the QNX operating system and embedded software development principles.
- Strong C, C++ and design skills a requirement.
- Familiarity with common automotive processor architectures (ie SH/PPC/ARM).
- Real-time systems programming experience considered an asset.
- Experience developing software with graphics and multimedia considered an asset.
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn about new technologies a requirement!